Malaysia truly Asia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » Bukit Bintang
January 30th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we were on our way to Malaysia and Craig began to sing “Malaysia truly Asia”, a slogan we had heard. After a long cramped minibus ride we were dropped off at another travel agent and we waited for our VIP bus to Kuala Lumpur. The VIP bus was well sweet. The seats were like beds and the aircon was pumping. It was so cold when we crossed the border i got my sleeping bag out n snuggled down for a good night’s sleep. What I did not realise was that Malaysia was 1 hour ahead and buses there were not on time but early by a few hours. So instead of getting dropped off at 6am we got there at 4am. We were both awoken by a guy shouting hurry up hurry up Kuala Lumpur stop, so we grabbed our bags and sat on a ledge for two hours till it started to get light. We didn’t have a map so we set out on pure instinct to find out hostel. We had booked a hostel called “wheelers” so the night guy let us leave our luggage and said see you at 12 noon. Six hours, great, we had had minus hours sleep and we were sweaty and stinky and had to wait six hours to check in. We sucked it up and headed to the PETRONAS towers. When we arrived at 7am we were 30th in the line and just in time as a herd of tourists came in behind us. So here we waited for our chance to go up to the highest sky bridge walkway in the world. After 2 hours the doors opened and we received tickets for the 9:15 lift. We unfortunately was allocated a group with the most annoying family ever who had a little fat kid who kept barging past us and knocking us all the time. I nearly took him out but thought better of it knowing I would be thrown out and have wasted hours queuing. It was a really nice experience but the smog over the city spoilt it a little. Maybe my expectations were too high but I felt let down. But I’m glad we did it.
The rest of the morning was spent milling around the park and the afternoon catching up on some sleep. We walked the famous china town walking street that was full of the usual fake watches, bags, perfume ECT. The prices weren’t as cheap as Thailand but reasonable. A Reggae bar was the only decent place to eat in the neighbourhood so we grabbed some grub and played pool. Our hostel was a decent place to stay at a really reasonable price. The only bad thing I can really say is they had an array of very nice fish and water creatures but the tanks were too small for some and I felt bad for them. The next day we headed to the tourist centre to watch traditional dancing. We wandered onto a WENDY’s dinner and had lunch. Craig really wanted to see Sherlock Holmes so being our last night we splashed out on cinema tickets.
And that my friends was our whistle stop tour of Malaysia.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

P1281235P1281235
P1281235

We did not know what this was!!


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb