Bats and Caves


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak
March 1st 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday we cleaned quarantine as usual - today we were cleaning the three macaques. Boboy assisted by grabbing Ellie's leg. Most people have gone off the macaques due to their cheeky and aggressive behaviour! Generally they are fine though as long as you avoid direct eye contact - as they view this as a threat.

Then we were fortunate enough to have the day off to do some sightseeing. First stop was the Windcaves - here we saw some impressive stalactites and numerous bats hiding in the cave crevices. Then we visited the crocodile farm - not a firm favourite (as some crocs were destined to become belts & handbags), although the animals were kept in a good condition in reasonably sized enclosures. Here we sighted some enormous crocodiles, along with various other animals - my favourite being the two otters with their new offspring - very inquisitive & playful. Then we stopped off at a roadside cafe and enjoyed a Malay buffet followed by ice cream.

Then we were off to Semenggoh Nature Reserve in hope to view some of the semi-wild orangutans that had been released by the park, returning back to their feeding platform for extra provisions. Unfortunately as there is still plenty of fruit within the forest there was no sightings this time - slightly disappointed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Crocodile FarmThe Crocodile Farm
The Crocodile Farm

pretty water lilies


Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb