Miri the town with personalities


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Miri
May 23rd 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Miri a town of personality

A small but spread out town the hostel is in the centre

This morning I had to catch a bus that departed somewhere between 645 and 815 no one was really sure what time or if it had a fixed time or if you had to change buses over the border but it left on the dot 7am and took is straight through. The long distance bus station in Miri is about 4km outside the city.
So after waiting for about an hour for the public bus with Charlie and Chris that should have been coming after 10mins but no one really knew we decided to take a taxi to a hostel called Highlands recommended in LP. Checked the rooms, all good, looked clean and price ok so we decided to stay. Wondering why we were the only guests we soon found out why, the hostel manager is a nightmare! She refuses to give you a straight answer on anything you ask, didn't even want to get up from the sofa to accept payment for the room the second night and put the cats in the shower!
Anyway after looking around Miri, I decided it is a very spread out city with a large Chinese population and overall not that interesting. But in the evening we headed down to the beach to watch sunset and have some fresh juice which was very nice, and at least the beach was clean. We then planned to go to Niah Caves tomorrow and booked it with Joanne at the hostel after relaxing at the bar close by.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb