Day 104 - Kuching, Sarawak


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
March 18th 2006
Published: April 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our replacement alarm clock woke us up at 3am! I blame Sleepy Sam's! On our way out of the Gateway Hotel we accidently got out at the 1st floor where we found ourselves in a dimly lit secret all-night bar with some dubious characters telling us we were on the wrong floor. After a swift taxi ride to the airport we borded the Air Asia flight to Kuching. Air Asia is Malaysia's budget airline, a bit like Easyjet but better. Took a taxi to our hostel, the Singgahsana lodge, one of the nicest places we have stayed in, very clean, friendly staff and comfy beds. Went to explore the local area and ate delicious egg & onion pancakes. Checked out the main shopping bazaar to look at some nice art sculptures and antiques, mixed in with the usual tourist tat. After an afternoon nap we walked over to the night market where I finally bought an umbrella for the princely sum of 6 Malaysian Ringits (about 1 pound), it was rubbish. Ate beef pepper steak with rice at a local food stall and had a cup of the local Tea, called Teh Tarik, basically a powdered mix of tea, sugar and malt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 104; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb