Kayaking Adventure


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
February 25th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

One of the best ways to enjoy nature is to take to the water, so today we decided to go Kayaking with Kuching Kayaks.KuchingKayak After being picked up at 8.00am we were taken further out from Kuching to where the river meanders through the forest. Ellie and I had a two man kayak and after safely putting our camera in a watertight box we set off. The journey was fantastic with the river interspersed with logs and stones creating small currents for us to navigate around.

After about 45 minutes we stopped for a refreshing swim in the cool waters before heading onwards. Looking up you could see the clear blue sky, between the tree canopy and occasionally the odd bird darting across the sky. On the banks the limestone rocks had been worn into all manner of shapes by the flow of the river when it floods. Suddenly our guide pointed to the bank on the right hand side and we moved our Kayak closer and to our luck saw a Monitor lizard swimming in the river. His head was just sticking out of the water before he headed to safety behind a fallen log.

It was then time for another break and we stopped for a picnic on a stony bank - which consisted of a tofu vegetable spring rolls with chilli sauce, egg sandwiches and cake. Then we headed back towards the Wind caves. Then in the evening we did a little souvenir shopping and stopped off for some dinner before heading back to Matang to our local cat residents.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Pitt StopPitt Stop
Pitt Stop

refuel quick!


Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb