Bako National Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Bako National Park
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Boat Trip to BakoBoat Trip to BakoBoat Trip to Bako

View from along the river

Bako National Park

 Asia » Malaysia » Borneo » Kuching » Bako By Sophia C
March 29th 2007
Around the World
Got up early this morning to get bus/boat to Bako, now I realise I have definately packed too much. Really struggled running to find the right bus. Fortunately the Malay run on "rubberband time" so the bus hadnt turned up yet and we were early. We met a Swedish couple, Lin and Nick, who were also going to Bako so we decided to share a taxi minibus which was much quicker. After bus we had to get a boat ride to the National Park, amazing way to arrive somewhere, felt like a real adventure.

Spent 1 night at Bako did some trekking, saw lots of wild monkeys and some very rare Probiscus Monkeys. Very well set up place, all the treks are well marked so thankfully we didnt get lost. Jamie seemed to be impressed by all the different eco-systems - well he did do a geography degree!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Arrived on the Beach at BakoArrived on the Beach at Bako
Arrived on the Beach at Bako

This is where the boat dropped us off and we walked to Park HQ
Trek to the BeachTrek to the Beach
Trek to the Beach

This was our first trek so Im a little lobster-like!
Monkey BusinessMonkey Business
Monkey Business

This was an amazing find, we went a little off the beaten track and found a whole load of very interested cheeky monkeys!
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

After a long trek, we went for a well deserved swim in the sea! lush!
Monkey Getaway!Monkey Getaway!
Monkey Getaway!

This is the rare Probiscus Monkey that can only be found in Borneo. We were so luckey not just to see one, but a whole family, they just didnt hang around for a photo - shame!
Very Sweaty!Very Sweaty!
Very Sweaty!

Did lots of trekking at Bako, this is training for the Pinnacles we plan to do at Mulu National Park in the next few days...


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb