Don't forget to breathe!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah
April 14th 2005
Published: April 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

4:55am and my morning alarm call has roused me from my slumbers right on cue...must thank my friends at the mosque but I think they forgot the coffee and croissants I ordered.

The boat pushed off 9am only ten or so of us and a couple of snorkellers.
First stop white tip avenue - max dive time was 52 minutes and the max depth reached was 21m.

Turtles, turtles and more turtles...green, loggerhead and hawksbills - sleeping on the coral, swimming under us, towards us, over us and past us....fish..? too many species to mention in every colour on the charts and from tiny to immense. On the surface between dives the turtles are popping up to mate, swimming under the boat....we all got back in for a snorkel to pass the time. Unfortunately I left my camera behind so I didnt get any surface photographs..

The second dive not as many turtles...Barracuda Point from the hanging gardens...almost most of the same but with white tip sharks.

Now I just HAVE to do my advanced course...maybe even wreck diving..

Sipadan capped it for me - wish Id gone there first now...

Back to Semporna for the bus to KK at 7:30pm ~ 10hours...ugh.

Loong journey...stopped at a police chkpoint at 1am for id checks.Someone hid in the toilet with the light out - I thought this was a very brave thing to do considering the state of the toilet on the bus.

The locked door of course caught the attention of the cop who made a joke of going for his revolver which caused some alarm amongst the other foreigners on the bus....ah ha ha ha.. No no its ok really..more nervous laughter very funny....




Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb