Day 117 - Brunei to Beaufort, Sabah


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah
March 31st 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ferry terminal for 8:30am, ferry left at 11:30! Useless tourist info. Breakfast at terminal, me and mark chatted to a guy who had climbed Mount Kinabalu twice. 2 hours on ferry to Lawas where we were hounded so much by a woman trying to get us on an express bus to Beaufort that we just wouldn't take notice of her when she said there was no road to Tenom where we wanted to go. So the bus left and guess what, there was no road! Oops! Managed to get a local bus to Merapok on the border between Sarawak and Sabah, where in the middle of nowhere we hopped straight onto a minivan to Sipitang where with perfect timing an express bus was leaving to Beaufort. The total journey cost us RM11.50, cheaper than the original bus, hurrah! :*p Unfortunately only way to Tenom on very full train so we stayed in Beaufort at the aptly named Beaufort Hotel. Later we went to the aptly named Beaufort Club where we joined in Karaoke with the locals and Louisa ordered a bottle of wine for RM18 which turned out to be RM80! That's 12 pounds! Got away with paying RM50 and drank more beer back in the hotel room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb