The Rasa Ria


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Tuaran
April 5th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.15372, 116.148

So this place is incredible!!

The flight to KK was a little bumpy, but mainly consisted of a little food and broken sleep.... we had been on the go for a long time up until this point. It smelt like holiday when we got off the plane!! Our luggage as per usual, was the last off the plane and we were in the baggage collection for abt 20mins until the orange bag made an appearance! Finally mine appeared too, which meant it was now truly time to holiday!!

We were met at arrivals by a guy with our names on a board and bundled into a mini van for the 40mins to the hotel.

This place is posh. On arrival they rang a gong to signal our arrival and we were sat down in the foyer which was about six times the size of our house!! A lady took our passports to the desk to check in for us! We were then presented with a welcome drink of iced tea (although it did sound like she called it fish tea!!) and a very cold flannel!! The poor girl had a coughing fit half way through her welcome speech and so disappeared to be replaced by a very friendly chap with much better English! It shocked him that we were happy to show ourselves to our room and carry our own bags.... I'm not sure we are their usual clientele! Having said that, the room was the furthest away it could possibly have been - at least a km away!!

The room is incredible, gorgeous views, little lounge area and bathroom even james approves of!! Before an explore it was time to snooze. 24hrs in the go required a siesta.

The Malaysian restaurant was fully booked that evening, so we decided to go for Indian rather than western and as early as possible so we could attempt to get over the jet lag.

The hotel is massive, but does not seem overcrowded considering. The beach was almost deserted when we took a wander and with being so close to the equator, it did not take long for the sun to plummet below the Horizon.

We acquired our free honeymoon cocktail, which was surprisingly delicious and the zoomed to dinner. The Indian was scrumptious, although their take on a Kashmiri naan included radioactive coloured dried fruit!!

As soon as our heads hit the pillow we were goners, although at 9pm a lady rang the doorbell asking if we required any more linen or towels!!! Errrrrrr no, we are asleep!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb