Why have coffee when you can have wine!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 14th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.01816, 116.048

My stupid body clock woke me up at 6.30am and james not long after that. After a doze and some tv, we embarked on the suncream ritual that seemed to be the theme of the week. We learned from the previous days errors and went to find a sun lounger before breakfast. As it was still relatively early, we had a sit on the beach, leaving breakfast a little later so we did not need lunch.

Breakfast was as epic as the previous day and I was suitably full for a day sitting on the beach. And sir we did. It was a lovely sunny day, with a bit of a breeze.

We had mangrove kayaking at 1pm with around 6 other double kayaks. It was ok, not all that thrilling as we just paddled up a mangrove gully and back again. Once back into the sea we had to paddle against the tide but we made it!!

Another 2 hr sit before we went to get ready for our managers invitation drinks on the beach for sunset.

We were the first ones there. It was very posh, drinking sangria, with a fire going (not needed but looked pretty!!) and tables. There was a guy there to teach palm leaf origami... we made fishes on rods, watching some traditional dancing and drinking some more wine and cocktails!! There was no way we could get the fishes home so we went to the end of the jetty and released them into the sea.

The plan was to return to the main restaurant buffet for tonight.... it turned out to be Malaysian night in there. Which meant all you can eat buffet and all you can drink wine!! We made the most of it!! As the waiter said 'why have coffee when you can have wine!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb