Beach Life


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 13th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.01957, 116.048

Today was a beach day, we took everything down with us as it would be such a mission to get back up to the room just to pick up our beach stuff.

Breakfast was as huge as dinner the previous night, most things you could imagine. You all know I can't turn down a pastry though 😉

We got to the beach around 10 and all of the sun loungers had been baggsied with towels, so we found a spot under a big tree and were quite content to lay on the sand. We went for a swim in the sea, although the red flag was out due to potential jellyfish. We only saw 1 and kept well away from it.

We had signed up (yes james volunteered/was made to feel guilty if he didn't) to a local craft making activity. We made beaded bracelets!! James thoroughly enjoyed himself!! Lol!! I made mine into an anklet to go with the Brazil one that is still going strong!!

James had a beer afterwards to make himself feel more manly and a bowl of sweet potato chips with feta. A thunder storm was rumbling around so we pegged it up the hill just before the heavens opened. It rained rather a lot!!

We escaped the room abt 6.30 as the pool bar stopped serving food at 7pm (cheap food compared to everywhere else!!) there were no tables as this is where families with small children tended to eat so we sat at the bar and ordered food there. I had a club sandwich which was huge and came with fries and James had a burger with wedges. We had a good catchup with Emily and James before returning to the room. Our complementary bottle of arrival bubbles still had not made it to the room. But a bottle of red wine had!! This was rectified, but we are now saving it until we can drink it with sunset on the balcony.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb