Day 5 Kota Kinabalu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
March 27th 2012
Published: March 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we didn’t really get up to a lot. We went on foot all day to just have a look around our immediate area. We went and had breakfast at Starbucks – coffee, danishes, and muffins. Good fill to start the day.

We walked a few blocks. One thing we have noticed is that although most of the drains here are open, it is nowhere near as stinky as some areas we have been in Asia. After walking around the block we came across Central Market shipping mall. We had a look around and it had the usual department store, food court, many brand name stores, (although not high end) as well as market type stalls. Was good for a look around but nearly all malls are similar in any case to look around.

We went back to the apartment so Frankie could have a sleep. Dani and Zav watched a movie while we caught up on blog and a bit of paperwork (the joys of having your own business). He slept for about 3 hrs.

We headed back to the other mall closest to us as we knew it had a supermarket to get a few supplies. Have a look at the picture for the “pick and Mix” seafood section....

We had a look around the mall and picked up a few things for Dani and Zav. Before we realised it, it was after 6 so we headed across the road to the stalls for dinner again. Must be pretty good for us to eat from there 3 days in a row.

We all had Nasi Goreng, although all a slightly different version each. As well as that Stu ordered 200g fresh prawns (caught at 5am this morning) that were cooked in a delicious sauce. Couldn’t pinpoint the exact flavours but they were yum. Apparently the chef in this particular place is Indonesian as assuming it had an Indonesian influence to it. Us girls also ordered a large fresh apple juice, not realising that a cup the size of a jug would come out for each of us. They were huge. Stu had a cold Milo for his dinner. The complete meal came to RM33. We couldn’t believe it, that made the total for everything we ordered $10.50. We handed over a RM50 note and refused to take the change he tried to shove back into Stu’s hand. I still can’t quite get over how they can make money; I guess that’s why the wages are so low over here.

After walking back to the apartment, Stu and the girls went for a late swim while I put Frankie down to bed. Tomorrow is an exciting day as we are heading for Hong Kong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb