Snorkeling


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
January 14th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to hit up one of the little islands just off the coast. We headed out around lunch time and grabbed some snorkeling gear and a boat ticket. There are 4 little islands so we picked the one with the best snorkeling apparently (Sapi). We got to the main dock and there were a bunch of people there so we hiked around the island a little ways and found a more secluded beach with just a couple other people. It was a nice afternoon of snorkeling. I played around a bit with my camera and it took some nice underwater images. It was too hot most of the time to come out of the water so we stayed in it almost all afternoon.

Around 4 o;clock the monsoon rains start so we jumped on a boat back to the mainland. We almost made it all the way back before we got rained on. When we got back we quickly jumped in a cafe to wait out the worst of it before heading back to our hostel.

At night Matt and I went to the movies to watch Tron in 3D. It was an alright movie but the popcorn was really good. They do caramel popcorn instead of butter popcorn over here. After that we headed to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb