Another Travel Day


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
January 9th 2011
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early this morning to head to the airport. Matt and I are still feeling under the weather but I guess that's alright for a travel day. We negotiated a bit with some taxi driver before getting in with the guy who gave us the cheapest price. Bad luck for Matt because he jumped in the front seat. For the next hour on the way to the airport he had to listen to the driver rant about all sorts of things. I don't know what it was all about because I was still trying to sleep but Matt got an earful.

The plain ride itself was short and we arrived in Borneo Malaysia in he early afternoon. It was stinkin hot and bright sunshine. Kind of a relief considering in is equatorial monsoon season. We found out that the weather is really hot all day then it rains for a couple of hour at about 4 on some days.

We found a good hostel and decided to stay in the dorms as opposed to a 3 person room which would have cost more. It was a good choice because we ended up being the only ones in the dorm room. We then did a bit of exploring and had lunch. After that we went into hibernation mode as he rain started coming down hard. When it stopped James and I went out looking for a fresh seafood dinner. Unfortunately this town is pretty expensive as it's a vacation spot for celebrities so it wasn't easy searching. We settled on some fish and chips for around 6 bucks but it wasn't worth it down here. We will have to get seafood at some of the smaller towns of southern towns.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb