2 Days 1 Night Maliau Basin


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
November 24th 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Road in to Maliau BasinRoad in to Maliau BasinRoad in to Maliau Basin

the road is batter now...but it was fun 10 years ago
It always fascinates me when i go to maliau basin, for trekking or just for a short trip recently i went with a bunch of riders for a 2 days 1 night ride. just to spend a night in the wilderness of the rain forest riding in the rain was fun slippery road mad it though but exciting. we didnt manage to spend more time as we arrived quite late in the evening.

Trekking in maliau basin is also something to do when you are in North Borneo,..its called the lost world for a reason. Not much people come hear at the moment so its worth the while before it is commercialized in the future. You can do bird watching at the study center or go for a night drive along the roads and observe wildlife..if it does not rain though if it does it will be impossible to drive on the slippery and muddy roads. The sky bridge is also very interesting as the suspension bridge is connected to 7 80 mtr timber tree and get a birds eye view of the world below.

But if you do go to maliau basin ensure to take the adventure to
Aghatis camp siteAghatis camp siteAghatis camp site

Bring a sleeping bag..it gets really cold up hear.
trek in to the basin to the maliau water falls it is some thing really worth the hike.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Riding in maliau Riding in maliau
Riding in maliau

Really great fun.
Camp siteCamp site
Camp site

After the rain
Camel thropy hutCamel thropy hut
Camel thropy hut

After a long hike up..its good to arrive at the hut.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb