Bike touring in Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
August 6th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beware of mistBeware of mistBeware of mist

Southern Route
This entry is more on to places and advices you can visit when you rent a motorcycle in Borneo if you are not sure than take a guided motorcycle tour. Sabah provides soft and extreme motorcycle trails, for the softy main roads are best to go for sights of scenery the road up Mt Kinabalu is best early in the mornings along the way food and fuel is not a problem. for those who prefer the winding roads,sceneries and meeting with the locals the south side is best. this is where you can try out a slalom kind of trek with tight bends and still enjoy the view.

Northern route is best for culture experience roads are mostly straight and you get pretty sleepy on the bike for long distances. But there is some bends and good scenery along the way with the Mt back drop, food and fuel is available at small towns.
Off road is also one of the best way to see panoramic sights in Sabah but you need a guide for this and one that knows the trail and who can really ride an off road bike. off road trails provide both fun,adventure and cultural experience.
Mt KinabaluMt KinabaluMt Kinabalu

Along the ridges
Pick your route as some can be really nasty when it rains so make sure to prepare for the worse case of ending up in a river or up on a hill.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Off roadOff road
Off road

Full body gear is a must


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb