Trying to leave Kota Kinabalu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
October 11th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cool sunCool sunCool sun

Some very excited locals pointed this out to us and made us take a picture!
Day 200 (11.10.07)

After not enough hours of sleep we were up at 6am as suggested and knocking on the owners door! He soon told us that there were no tickets to where we wanted to go for about 2 days as it was the end of Ramadan and lots of people are travelling to be with their families. Bugger! We didn't have the time to wait 2 days for a bus and had visions of being stuck here so grabbed a taxi to the bus station (another one conveniently located about 6km out of town) in the hope of being able to grab a couple of spare spots. No luck unfortunately but we did manage to get some tickets for the night bus later in the day, a good result which meant that we would not be eternally stuck in KK.

Back in town we got back to the hostel for our free brekkie and went back to bed for a couple of hours.

Feeling refreshed we went out to explore the town finding a very busy market (due to the forthcoming festival) at which we saw an amazing complete rainbow around the sun.

After a bit more of a wander we picked up our stuff and caught the night bus to Semporna.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb