Some quality time with Ronald


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 11th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 199 (10.10.07)

We arrived at the border for our shortest country stop yet, we would be in Singapore less than 12 hours before going back into Malaysia - this time to the island of Borneo. Passports stamped (they're getting pretty full now!) we were back on the train to the city centre.

We had some time to kill before our flight and tried to go somewhere to get the old camera fixed thinking that we could collect it again in a couple of weeks on our return to the city. We didn't have much luck here but did manage to buy all of the rest of the clothes we needed to make us presentable enough for a few more months of travel.

We travelled out to the airport feeling STARVING and were disappointed to find that our check in wasn't open yet and we had few options for lunch. So after over 6 months of travel we succumbed to our very first McDonalds (and a little cuddle with Ronald!).

Once we'd checked in we had a coffee and wandered around the great shops that Singapore airport has to offer. Our flight left at around 6pm and after 2 hours we arrived into Kota Kinabalu airport.

It was a bit late when we arrived so there was no chance of getting an onward flight as we'd hoped, our time in Borneo is a little short. We picked up a minibus into town, found a place to stay and searched the net for flights the next day with no luck. Our hostel owner (a bit of a fruitcake!) tried to help us find out about buses with no clear result. His final suggestion being for us to get up at 6am and he would ring to find about about tickets then. Another early morning ahead - nice!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb