Travel back to KK


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
November 28th 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent the second day at Sipadan snorkelling. It was great, tons of wildlife, the best moments were when I touched a turtle (which means good fortune and long life) and followed a shark for 5 minutes. Sipadan is apparently number two divesite in the world after Galapagos Island.

Early next morning we took a bus to Sepilok, famous for it's Orang Utan sanctuary. We got a room 10 minutes walk away from the sanctuary itself. It was a nice place with plenty of animals, turkeys, ducks, water buffalos, sheep, goats, dogs and a deer. We relaxed the rest of the day and decided to go and see the monkeys the next day.

At 10 it was feeding time and we shared the place with quite a lot of tourists. I managed to get quite a few pictures of the monkeys. There was also Macaques as well as the Oran Utans. After the feeding we decided to go on a trek in the jungle which was quite sweaty but cool. We didn't see much wildlife, mainly lizards but luckily we heard something in the bushes and we froze and out came 4 wild pigs. They walked around for a bit and then dissapeared. We got back for lunch and then time for the second feeding. Unfortunatly there was a bus-load of chinese tourists and they were very loud so I didn't enjoy it too much, was just annoyed by the tourists.

The next day we left for Poring which is famous for their hot springs. Poring means bamboo so it's not Poring hot springs but Bamboo hot springs. There are also some treks around the springs and we started walking on a canopy walkway. I can't say it was very enjoyable 40 metres over the ground but thankfully it wasn't too long. We then walked to something called a waterfall, but honestly it was only a stream running down a big stone. Nothing close to anything falling. We did see some leaches though. From there we decided to go to the tropical garden, which was closed when we got there. The walk was not in vain though as we noticed an Orang Utan in a tree. We hanged around and looked at it for a while, but when it heard the voices of some other approaching tourists, it went off. It started to rain and I couldn't see myself going into the hot springs so I went to our hotell, the Round Inn.

The next day we headed back to Kota Kinabalu and Tropicana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb