Pangkor


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Perak » Pangkor Island
February 3rd 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the Sunday the 23rd Jan (yes I know I'm quite a bit behind with my blog ;-) we set off for Pangkor. We'd heard great things about the small island, with beautiful beaches and relatively quiet compared to other travel destinations. 2 buses, one ferry and a taxi later we arrived on the island in blistering heat.

Hayley managed to barter our accommodation down from 80 RM a night to 55RM which I was very impressed with, it did help that the resort was empty mind. We had a private Chalet which was very nice. We spent the rest of the day on the beach, did a bit of swimming and a bit of just chilling in the heat. It really does have a beautiful beach.

Unfortunately the next 2 days weren't as nice, the mornings were really hot but then it rained all afternoon which got a little frustrating so after 3 nights we decided to move on from Pangkor, next stop Penang which is another city where we would sort out our Thailand visas.

Overall I would really recommend Pangkor, despite out unluckiness with the weather. You can do a few water sports as well as visit some local islands, one of which I would have liked to have swam to as it was very close. We also probably enjoyed our nicest meal thus far with a fresh fish fillet, which was delicious. On another note, Pangkor is crawling with stray cats and dogs, they're all very friendly despite this as they know they can get food off humans.

Advertisement



4th February 2011

\"Shame about the Rain\"
All sounds really exciting, well done Hayley for doing a bit of Bartering, just up my Street, I do a lot of it in this Country, get a big Buzz when it proves fruitful, which is most of the time,you can make it a regular Habit and save you and David a few bob. It must be a bit Distressing to see the stray cats, they do not think the same about animals as we do. Anyway you two Travellers, stay safe looking forward to your next Blog, Love to you Both, Auntie Chris xxx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb