Batu Ferengghi Resort, Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
January 29th 2016
Published: January 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 26 January
We decided to visit the much vaunted beaches at Batu Ferengghi, described as wonderful forrested bays and views of the Islands. A MYR 5.20 bus fare and 35 minutes later we arrived at the beach which is lined with Hotels and Beach Bars, the views are very good and the sand although coarse looked very inviting. The Sea however was very murky and smelt of sewage, so after doing the beach strolling thing we decided Beach Bar over swimming. We ordered snacks and beer and sat in the shade of a Coconut Tree, until Leo noticed we were directly under it's ripe Nuts! Enquiring with the Waitress as to the advisability of placing tables under such hazards, she replied," Oh they rarely fall on people and if they do you are thought to be very Lucky. We decided to risk being unlucky and moved tables.In discussion with the same waitress we were informed that this bay was particularly susceptible to shoals of poisonous Jelly Fish and because of the murky water many swimmers get bitten, this may have been a ploy for us to buy more drinks but made us feel better about our decision. Took the reliable 101 bus back to hotel. We bought snacks and bits from our local GAMA supermarket and had an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb