Kayaking in Krabi and Georgetown


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jess here....

Well, after a day spent relaxing on the beaches, we decided to get a bit more physical and spend an afternoon sea-kayaking among the mangrove forests and canyons around Krabi. We saw loads of monkeys and fed them pineapples- which had to be the highlight of our journey. The scenery was also very beautiful, but the tide was so low (due to the full moon) and we kept getting stuck in the mud. This accounted for a very squishy experience as our toes sunk into the silt!

After a grueling 10 hour journey in a mini-van seemingly custom-built for dwarves (even I had no leg room!!) and broken air conditioning, we've finally made it to Malaysia- Penang to be exact.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Cliff hangersCliff hangers
Cliff hangers

They can smell pineapple...
At the Soho barAt the Soho bar
At the Soho bar

Nice English pub- but the AC was on full blast- so we were absolutely freezing. Guess they were trying to make it more authentic with the British climate...
MosqueMosque
Mosque

At 5:00 in the morning, we were woken up by morning prayers (a la megaphone) at his nearby mosque


10th September 2006

it all looks so beautiful!! u all look like ur having heaps of fun ( but it does not look like u is applying suntan lotion - dont make me beat u amy.....) i miss u loads but these msgs/mail/blog r keeping me goin. enjoy ur last few weeks. im off to the park again with the kiddies to enjoy the last hour of what passes for heat over here.....

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb