Goodbye Thailand.... Hello Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
February 10th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone.

Got a flight from Koh Samui to Phuket from a great little airport altogether. Oh the flight was the better option. It would've taken 4 hours on a boat coupled with another 7 hour bus trip to get to Phuket as opposed to our little 1 hour flight.
Decided to spoil ourselves for the first night in Phuket and got a really nice, but reasonable, hotel room. It was so nice, we decided it was were we were going to stay for the Phuket leg of our trip.
Phuket was like a mini Bangkok - in a good way though. AND it had a beach right next to it so there was a nice breeze most of the time. Talking to another Irish couple, in another Irish bar 😊 They recommended an attraction called Fantasea. So first night we chilled and got to know our surroundings and second night - Fantasea.
It was class. Described as "The Ultimate Cultural Themepark", we had big expectations. When you first go in there's lots of shops n' stuff but then elephant rides and tiger exhibits. Then through to the show where there's no cameras allowed. Well worth seeing.
Headed to Scuffy Murphy's Irish pub after and had a few Singha & Changs 😊 Colm danced too much to the live music.
It was time to say goodbye to Thailand and Hello to Malaysia.
The bus to Penang was a good ould trip. 7 hours on a bus to Hat Yai, a nights stop-over and a 5 hours on a mini bus to Penang.
Arrived in Georgetown. Decided to stay for a couple of nights. Got a guy to cycle us around the city to see the attractions. Fit man!!! Not really too much to do but then we went to the shopping mall. It was massive. Claire was in her element and Colm went to Starbucks - Nice!!
After a few days, headed to the beach in Batu Ferringhi. Love the beaches in Malaysia almost as much as Thailand. Gonna stay here for 3 or 4 nights we think. First day here - PARASAILING. Not much time to think about it. As soon as we hit the beach Colm decided we were doing it. Really enjoyed it.
Met a couple of Irish lads on the beach. We could tell they were Irish and they could tell we were too. Stayed drinkin with them for the day and into the night. Great craic!!

Still here in Penang and heading for Kuala Lumpur in a couple of days.

I know I already said it and text it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMMY MOONEY xxx

That's it for now.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



13th February 2009

Grrrrr
Hey Guys! Ok so while I'm sitting here in work looking at your pictures and reading all about you and your wonderful life I've been thinking more and more about making some VooDoo Dolls. I think I'd call them Colm and Claire! :o) SO So so so jealous. Sounds like you're having a ball and you both look great in the pics. Eh...just one question - what is it with you two and elephants??? Anyway - back to the grind stone with me. Talk to you soon. Mwah XxX
16th February 2009

Jealous
cath and me are here so jealous..... another boring monday in the westcourt so we thought we would check out would that cheer us up, had the opposite effect , as you both look so relaxed and chilled out!!!! missing you lots x
20th February 2009

Hi from shitty drogheda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me and susie here, hope your enjoying your travels we are very jealous we have a big function tonight thats why healy byrne fagan is in. Mind yourselfs. Hope to see you at cears and keiths big day!!!!!!!!! Susie and Thomasxxx

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb