Krabi and Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all!
Sorry for the very late entry! Its difficult to find time and oppotunities to get to the internet, but in Malaysia now and have lots to tell!

Our last night in the jungle was a lot of fun because we had a bbq at the local bar which was really yummy and then had some dancing (which is pretty random when you are right in the middle of the jungle with bats flying around you head!)
Then we took a bus to Krabi which is firther south and by the sea.

Krabi was a little bit wet and rainy, we think becauseof the cyclone, but it was still extremely beautiful and an amazing place, we were staying in a beach resort right by the sea, in huts again. And the area was lovely, even in the rain! We went Sea Kayaking and fed monkeys on our boat! And went swimming in the bath water temperature sea which was soooo nice! And also went to the local town and had some local food fromm the markets and did some shopping.

After Krabi we had an 8 hour journey to Penang, involving 2 vans, a ferry and of cours crosing the border in to Malaysia. Penang i an island just off the coast which is a mix of malay, chinese and indians s its very culturaly diverse and loas of different foods to try which is great.

Since being here we have visited the museum and the temple and the night market. And we've only been here 24 hours! Its a bit crazy going from one place to the other very quicky but i feel like we're seeing so much and doing so many amazing things, its definitely a lot of fun.

Tonight we have just had dinner at a restaurant in Little India called The Last Krishna where we ate off banana leaves with our hands, it was messy but very yummy, eating with hands is definitely the way forward.

Tomorrow we are going to the Cameron Highlands where all the strawberries and tea are grown so we will dining cream teas on top of mountin, great stuff!!

Laters!

Lots of love! Emily and Ruth xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb