Singapore and Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
February 24th 2013
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Apologies for having not written for a while but i've been very busy doing nothing i've still got a little bit of nothing to do before heading off to the beach for my last week of doing nothing.

So after I left Chaing Mai I spent a couple of days in Bangkok before my flight to Singapore.

I usually stay somewhere around the travellers ghetto of the Khan San road but decided to have a change and stayed Silom near two small lanes called Patpong 1 and 2. Its quite a well known area with a famous night market and a couple of strips of bars, resturant, and clubs. I saw a sign in a club window for a ping pong show so thought i'd have a look......BLOODY HELL.....table tennis wasn't like that at the olympics!! They didn't even use bats or a net. Anyway it was all a bit shocking for a gentle soul like me so after 2 or 3 hours i left and found myself in another club with a darts show...........Well all I can say about that, is Thursday night down the pub with the lads was never like that, mores the pity.

So after a couple of days of bangkoks seedier side it was off to Singapore for Chinese New Year. Singapores cheap for eating and drinking but hotels are very expensive compared to most of asia so I stayed a little way out of the centre and used the very efficient and cheap Mass Rapid Transit (underground) to get to the sights. Very efficient and cheap that is unless you come home drunk on the last train fall asleep and end up 11 stops past your station and have to get a taxi home!!

Spent new years eve (chinese) in china town which was a lot of fun but so packed with people you could hardly move. There was a night market, food stalls, dragon dancers a parade the whole lot. Spent about five days there before catching the bus up to Melaka in Malaysia. Will tell you about that tomorrow as its getting late and the pubs calling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb