Penang - Day 3


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
June 10th 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had some time in the morning for a little more sightseeing before our flight left in the afternoon. We walked to the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, which wasn’t open yet, so we wandered around the Eastern & Oriental Hotel and then walked though The Garage, a restored old building which is now a mall. Headed back to the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion for the tour. We highly recommend a visit to the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion website, since visitors are asked not to take photos inside the mansion. The tour was one of the best guided tours we’ve been on, largely because the guide was one of the architects responsible for the restoration of the mansion, and she was incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The rooms of one wing of the mansion are used as guest rooms, so if you’re ever in Penang, definitely stay there. We wish we had known about it before we went…Had lunch at Nasi Padang, another highly recommended place, specializing in hawker food. Good, but greasy. Checked out of the hotel and got a taxi to the airport.

Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st August 2006

411
I miss your smiling face!

Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb