Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
October 16th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi ya,

Overslept this morning but managed to pack in a lot today. We have walked around China town and looked at all the market stalls havent really bought much but its really interesting looking round. We had lunch in a Chinese which was delish big prawns with lovely fresh veg, chicken and rice.
We then caught a bus to Penang Hill where we caught a train up to the top it takes half an hour in total We saw loads of monkeys as we were going up. There are temples at the to of the hill which are beautiful so ornate.
The next on our agenda was the Kek Lok Si Temple which is absolutely huge there are massive Gold buddahs everywhere and again the architecture is really ornate. Got a taxi back to our hostel then headed out for dinner which we havent long finished. We had another Indian which was yummy.

Mum- Cool about the new table I look forward to seeing it I bet Dad needed a lie down after that. Glad to hear the massage helped your back, Im looking forward to one at the Spa resort in Langkawi. I felt quite home sick last night I miss you all and love you very much.

Keith- Glad to hear the weather not been to bad, it brightened up here today so it was pleasent strolling around. I think Nat has been picking up some ideas but I dont think he'll trying them for a while as we'll be looking forward to some english food when we get back. Hope you are all well, send our love to Jane, Lissy and Emeline.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb