Botanic Gardens


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
February 22nd 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the hotel breakfast, I decided to get a taxi to the Botanic gardens which are on the edge of Georgetown. This was originally setup by the British in the 19th century when they occupied Penang. The gardens are very picturesque and there are numerous different species of plants. The best thing there though is the rhesus monkeys that roam around like they own the place (which I suppose they do). There were a few mothers with babies that would get a bit arregive if you got too close but on the whole they didn't seem bothered by humans, even when some Chinese kids were trying to irritate them (They had the last laugh by scaring them away).

I also saw a big lizard, possible a metre long in a tree. I wouldn't have spotted it if it wasn't for the couple of leaves that fell off the tree above. It was very hot and humid again in the sun though, so I was glad to get back to the hotel and have another shower and watch 2 more football matches.

I went to the slightly shabby hotel gym and did some cycling and running.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb