Lazy Day!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Batu Ferringhi
November 9th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were kept up most of the night with noisy neighbours- so Thursday (today) will definately be a lazy day, both of us feel very lethargic as the temperature is now heading above 30 degrees.

We have litterally done nothing today, its 3pm here and we have nothing planned.

We can only describe Penang as a bit like Turkey- still developing. Where we are staying is off the beaten track of all the 'nice' hotels, but after a short walk we feel more like home with the Tavel Inns and Sheraton's of the world! We even had breakfast in one, opting out of the local curry options that are available elsewhere.

We havent been taken by the place we must admit... we should have been staying for 3 nights, checking out on Saturday, but we have cut it short staying here just one more night before moving on to George Town the Capital of the Island tomorrow.

This is mainly because we have been so used to the fast pace of the city life, the sit still and do nothing life on a beach probably isnt ready for us yet! We really fancy staying on the move for a bit longer.


Advertisement



9th November 2006

Lazy Days
Hi Guys, wow what a total change from where you have just been. Still a good experience for you both. When are we going to see some pictures !!!!!!!!!!
9th November 2006

Roughing it?
You guys are leaving early because the place is a dump aren't you?? Big girls. You say not clean, do you mean the towels haven't been folded or are you fighting for bed space with strange looking insects? I'm guessing you won't be using any of mum's leaving present in Penang.
10th November 2006

Don't call Clare an insect
The mattress was a little soft. The maid was lazy. There was no free shower cap or bathroom smellies.
11th November 2006

Bloody Freezing !!!!!
Hi Guys!!!!!!! Thought you might like to know its flippin freezing here today, and it's really windy as well. It's lovely to see some pictures of your adventures .Claire you are the only person I know that is backpacking around the world and still managing to look immaculate. When are you both going to start looking a pair of dodgy old crusty hippies? Give it another few weeks and you will both be weaving your own clothes and living on lentils, just you wait. Clare I don’t know if you have my home e mail, so just incase its mitchener@ntlworld.com .

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb