Leaving to Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Batu Ferringhi
November 8th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was a busy one, it was up early, checked out of hotel and off to the airport.

On arriving at the train station to the airport, we discovered we could check in our luggage straight away without being at the airport- this was great, it meant we didnt have to carry our bags all day, especially as we were side tracking before going to the airport directly...

We were heading to one last tourist trap to Npang 360 which is a cable car ride around the hillside not far from the airport to a Monastary and the largest sitting buddha made of bronze in in Asia. It was a lovely trip with great views- but not for those scared of heights!

Then it was on to the airport- this was enormous and fantastically clean- but we wouldn't expect anything less.

Flight was good- had a choice of 2 curries, tried one each, both not bad, considering I am reknowned for not eating airplane food at all.

Once landed it was dark, raining and very humid. The taxi ride to our hostel was about 1 hour and the taffic was quite bad. You (including Charlotte!) will be pleased to know we are now roughing it... not sure its been cleaned for a while and no freebees this time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb