Taman Negara Day 1


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
February 25th 2010
Published: March 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We've booked a two days and one night tour for the jungle. But first we make a walk over the canopy walk, a hanging rope bridge with ladders, elevated 45 m above the ground.

Our tour guide is 'Ubai', 'Dubai?', 'No, Ubai', 'Ah Ubai' 😊. He leads us through the jungle, 3 people were getting lost there, 2 were found again, the one has been in the jungle for 90 days. And Ubai cooks for us delicious meals.

The beginning of the 2day-trekking tour was horrible. In the blasting sun (38 degrees C) we had to ride with the boat 2.5 hours to the starting point, the sunburn was guaranteed. On trekking in the jungle the biggest obstacles were fallen trees and small rivers. One way to cross them, by using the lianes and swing to the over side.

Trekking through the jungle makes fun, but we were also the first time confronted with leeches, making you shoes red. One leeche made it up to my back.

Our stay for the night is a big cave - overwhelmed by strange noises from the bats and the animals from the jungle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb