Drug Free Trips


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
May 24th 2006
Published: May 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nasi Lemak makes a great breakfast. Coconut rice, chilli sauce and crunchy fish make an unlikely culinary delight, especially with the ubiquitous coffee (from a bag) with slug of condensed milk.

After brekky it was time to head out for another days action packed diving. First stop was Fan canyon, and the second was around Soyah island. Two very good dives, but somewhat overshadowed by the night dive which was SPECTACULAR. It was the same site as yesterdays afternoon dive, but in the dark. The early part of the dive was nice, but pretty standard. The real greatness came tho when we headed across to the house reef, turned out lights out and started kicking around. A little like I experienced in Australia the water gave off bioluminescence when disturbed. Unlike in Australia this time I was underwater and completely enveloped by the sparks. The came from my hands, from my fintips, even from the bubbles coming from my regulator. With no sense of up, and not seeing anything but sparks it was a truly trippy experience, and something I can compare to nothing I have experienced before. It has to be tried to be believed!

Dive Log
69 - Fan Canyon, Tioman, Malaysia, 22.5m, 10:11, 55min, 200->70 Bar, 4Kg
70 - Soyah Island, Tioman, Malaysia, 12.5m, 12:21, 56min, 200->100 Bar, 3Kg
71 - Jetty & House Reef, Salang, Tioman, Malaysia, 15.8m, 19:37, 55min, 200->100 Bar, 3Kg


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 87; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb