Shark!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The flight to Kuala Lumpur was only 5 hours, but they didn't stop feeding us!! Seriously, every 5 minutes they were walking round passing out nuts, drinks, beer, sandwiches! We even got a huge meal, veggies with rice, a croissant, cake, fruit! Ace 😊

Kuala Lumpur's a very energetic city, at first it's a bit overwhelming, but it's loads of fun once you get used to it. It was really hot though and we hadn't been to a beach in ages so we got on a bus then a boat to a gorgeous little tropical island down at the south end of the peninsular, called Pulau Tioman. There's not a lot to do here except swim, sunbathe and snorkel or trekking. It's quite a big island but there's only a couple of little villages spread out around the coast, the middle is just rainforest. The snorkelling is amazing, just off the beach where we are staying, we saw loads of big mad fish, we saw a moray eel as well.

We heard about another beach further along the coast, there aren't many roads here so to get to it we had to trek through the jungle. There wasn't much of a trail so we got lost a couple of times but eventually we found a deserted beach with more amazing snorkelling, then we trekked back through the jungle and saw some wild monkeys! They looked a bit scary though, they kept baring their teeth at us so we moved on pretty quick.

We got on a speed boat which took us out to a huge coral reef with millions and millions of fish!! I was too scared to get in the water at first because there was so many fish! The boat driver told me they were vegetarian piranhas, haha! We swam around the reef for a bit, and then Matt saw a shark!!! It was a reef shark about 4 foot long, they don't harm anyone though. I didn't see it though, I did see Micheal Jackson though, he was doing the moonwalk on the ocean floor.

We have just got back from spending a few days in Juara, the only village on the east coast of Tioman, we could only get to it in a 4 wheel drive through the jungly mountains which was fun. There wasn't much to do there either, there was some coral off the beach but it was quite windy so the waves meant it wasn't very clear. Yesterday it rained all day so that was bit boring. The man who owned our beach hut looked a bit like Dad, but he had a completely different voice and he didn't wear any clothes the whole time we were there, just a sheet tied around his waist. There was a man staying in another hut who kept strutting up and down the beach in his white y-fronts. Sexy!!

We are back in Air Batang now, on the west coast. It's a 30 minute walk to a duty free shop which sells big boxes of ferrero rocher and big bags of dime bars. There is loads of wildlife here, big 6 foot moniter lizards and loads of fruit bats which wake us up sometimes screaming! We will probably have another week here before we move on.

Oh, while we were in KL, we saw Terminator (it's only a pound to go the cinema!!) It was rubbish. I thought Matt would cry. We were supposed to be going to see Transformers but it was full.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb