Tea and strawberries


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
September 25th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cameron HighlandsCameron HighlandsCameron Highlands

Still the best of friends...
Up in the Highlands, away from the scorching heat, we had perhaps the most girly day-trip ever. We booked it through our hostel and were getting picked up at 8:45am...however, a strange little man from our hostel (who was sat outside our room all night on a little sofa) knocked on our door relentlessly at 7:20am to remind us about it and repeatedly tell us how much we paid...Rob eventually just closed the door on him.

So off we set at 8:45 in our little mini bus with 'Nick', our driver and perhaps the coolest dude in Malaysia. Our first stop was a Buddhist Temple set up in the mountains. Our second stop was a rose garden, you could climb all the way up to fantastic views of the mountains and tea plantations. Our third stop was strawberry farms, which weren't very exciting at all but we did get to eat strawberries with cream and honey - yum!

Next was the tea plantations - where the pickers were out in force - then onto the factory for a little tour (led by 'Mr Party'😉 before heading to a little canteen to taste the fruits of their labour whilst looking
Cameron HighlandsCameron HighlandsCameron Highlands

Rob's facial hair is really coming along
out over the plantations.

After this we bundled back into the mini van to head for the honey farm and see all the busy bees at work...then our last stop, and probably the best, was the butterfly farm. After the butterfly enclosure we visited the tortoises, snakes, tarantulas (well, Rob visited those), scorpions and various other jeepers creepers. Hans held a 'leaf insect'...in the photo it literally just looks like a leaf but i assure you that is an actual insect.

The rest of our time in the Cameron Highlands consisted of eating (found a brilliant cafe with delicious food!), and drinking lots of strawberry lassi. We attempted to go for a walk but got chased by a dog so thought better of that. It rained a LOT every day so we also made the most of the 'Star Movie' channel in our hostel and watched a few bad films.

One night the strange little man outside our room fell asleep with the music on his mobile blaring until 2am...eventually Rob went outside to wake him but after shaking him for a few minutes it was clear he was out for the count so Rob put his
Cameron HighlandsCameron HighlandsCameron Highlands

Strawberries!
mobile on silent...the next night when we passed he had earphones in and a big smile on his face.

Booked a ticket for Penang, our next port of call...




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cameron HighlandsCameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands

Tea plantations


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb