Melaka, Here we come!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It is a lovely Friday morning and I am packing up for our very first road trip and this destination has always been one of my favorite getaways since my single days...Melaka!

Melaka is so rich with heritage & bursting with tourist attractions such as the Dutch House, a 17th century building which used to seat the dutch administration which is now a museum or the Makam Hang Tuah, a legendary Melaka warrior. So much to see but not enough time to capture it all.Just the thought of the many stalls selling things from souvenirs to food absolutely has me looking forward to this long awaited trip.

And that is just a small part of historic Melaka, having been influenced with Portugese and Dutch culture and also the peranakan culture which is a marriage of malay and chinese culture. Melaka is a destination that has it all, heritage buildings, modern infrastructures, shopping galore, great food, beaches and most of all, history.

I have always wanted to embark on a journey across Malaysia to experience and enjoy what my country has to offer, beautiful weather, scenery to be proud of and to savor the many different food available courtesy
a'farmosaa'farmosaa'farmosa

A Famosa is a Portuguese fortress located in Malacca, Malaysia. It is among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in south east Asia. The Porta de Santiago, a small gate house, is the only remaining part of the fortress still standing.
of the heritage from the multi ethnic nation that is Malaysia. And Melaka will be our first stopover.

I booked a room for two days and three nights at "The Baba House" which is situated strategically within the vicinity of the very popular and favorite night market, Jonker Street.

All packed up now and have loaded the luggage in the car.
This will be the first of many lovely and interesting road trips across Malaysia and I am looking forward to many sweet memories with my son.

Melaka, here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Dutch HouseDutch House
Dutch House

The Stadthuys, also known as the Red Square, is a historical structure situated in the heart of Malacca Town, the administrative capital of the state of Malacca, Malaysia.
TrishawsTrishaws
Trishaws

The ever colourful trishaws in Melaka. An alternative sightseeing option if one wanted to enjoy the sights without having to work out a sweat walking around and getting lost in the midst of sightseeing.
Melaka River at nightMelaka River at night
Melaka River at night

The Melaka river completely transforms into a sight to behold at night with the lighting lending a hand into making the river look even more scenic
Melaka riverMelaka river
Melaka river

another lovely view one gets to enjoy. amazing how the exploitation of lighting and colours can transform an already beautiful place that Melaka is.
Hard Rock Cafe MelakaHard Rock Cafe Melaka
Hard Rock Cafe Melaka

The third and latest edition of the Hard Rock Café chain in Malaysia. A must visit in anyone's list.
Hatten SquareHatten Square
Hatten Square

The latest edition in the Melaka shopping scene, Hatten Square is located right next to Mahkota Parade.
Mahkota ParadeMahkota Parade
Mahkota Parade

The first mall in Melaka...many shops to attract shoppers
Food's GaloreFood's Galore
Food's Galore

A haven for gluttens, Melaka has a diverse selection and menu of food. A must try for visitors to Melaka is the famous chicken rice ball, the assam pedas and generally everything else there is.
The Baba House RoomThe Baba House Room
The Baba House Room

The room was relatively good, a comfy bed to lay on, a small antique cabinet for your clothes, a very cute antique looking wash basin made of porcelain and on of the best showers I have ever had...heavenly shower they call it, and indeed it was!
The Baba House Main EntranceThe Baba House Main Entrance
The Baba House Main Entrance

Just by looking at the main entrance to the hotel, one can already feel that this is going to be a stay to remember. And it was, the hotel is an old building situated along the many heritage building. One can't expect a lot from staying at these old boutique hotels as they are, well, old and full of heritage and one can't expect a modern lavish room with modern day comforts
makam hang tuahmakam hang tuah
makam hang tuah

Hang Tuah is a legendary Melakan warrior who lived during the reign of Sultan Mansur Shah in the 15th century. His mausoleum is situated in Tanjung Kling
Tanjung Kling BeachTanjung Kling Beach
Tanjung Kling Beach

Tanjung Kling is a small coastal town in Malacca, Malaysia and the mausoleum of the legendary Hang Tuah is located here.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb