Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
May 4th 2010
Published: May 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Siem Reap after 2 days in KL. We were really happy with our flights with Air Asia after the online check in debacle that placed Ella 3 rows away from us and Tane 1 row behind us. All sorted by paying some money to them. Funny that. Tane and Ella really enjoyed the flight and we were in KL by lunchtime. Caught the SkyBus into the city and this thing made Lyndon's Diahatsu look flash. Laugh!. We stayed at the Mayview Glory Hotel that we managed to find with ease and while our room was a bit tight it was nice and cold and clean. Great location near a Hindu temple and the kids watching in the action at prayer time.
We were in the line for the free tickets to go up the Petronas tower by 7am and I am glad we got up early. Lyndon took the kids to play while I waited nearly 2 hours to get ours. We managed to get in the 9.45am slot to go up to the Sky Bridge and it was really great. Lots of photos and the kids loved it. While we had a good 2 days we
IMG_010IMG_010IMG_010

Petronas Towers
agreed that KL is not a city that we will be rushing back to.
Had to get up at 2.45am to get taxi then bus to airport for our flight to Siem Reap. All went smoothly except paid for tickets for kids on Air Asia bus but ended up with them on our laps as not enough seats. Not very comfortable for Lyndon and Tane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_0013IMG_0013
IMG_0013

View from the sky bridge
IMG_0018IMG_0018
IMG_0018

From the sky bridge


16th May 2010

Hello
Great to hear from you and that no one has stolen the blue mercedes. It sounds like your house will be finished by the time we are back. Can't wait to see it. We are now in Kampot in Cambodia and it a little like the Margaret River of Cambodia. Nice and relaxed with not so much traffic. ( and great Happy Hours). Hi to Greg from Tane.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb