Belllo Hotel Staycation @ Johor Bahru (Sep 2015)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
September 19th 2015
Published: September 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 19th September 2015

This entry is about our weekend staycation @ Belllo Hotel in Johor Bahru. Decked in shades of black and white, the charming little hotel is nicely located along Meldrum Walk where it is within easy walking distance to City Square and the numerous cafes that dotted around Jalan Tan Hiok Nee.

In fact, we had our breakfast at Restoran Hua Mui, a very popular Hainanese coffeeshop that have since gone upmarket. Housed in a vintage two-storey building, our delicious seafood fried bee hoon and egg sandwhiches took a while to arrive as it was full house on a Saturday morning. We loved the old school deco of this place which doubled as a living museum. In fact, the coffee shop have become a rather popular photography stop for newly weds.

After breakfast at Hua Mui, we realise our stomachs still have some room for round # two. Therefore, we continued our food journey at Maco Vintage, a French inspired café with its nice array of desserts and mille crepes. We ordered a prawn pasta and a slice of berry crepe to end our breakfast journey.

Checking-in at Belllo Hotel was a breeze and we were really happy with our room as well as the rain shower. The hotel does offer a sort of a roof-top view at level six of the property. This is still a work-in-progress project and we were hoping that a roof-top bar would be operational in the near future.

In the afternoon, we took a bus to Pelangi Plaza for our late lunch at Vivo Pizza followed by some grocery shopping at Cold Storage. Okay, I remembered that my organic grapes were rather expensive. For a weekend, the crowds were very thin and many of the shop units at the upper levels were vacant.

Our dinner at night was some ramen at City Square. For sure, this was a lousy choice. Two bowls of mediocre ramen for RM75, this was an expensive dinner lesson to remember! After this meal, I've certainly learnt to appreciate Ajisen Ramen more. For supper, H went over to a mak mak stall near our hotel for his final serving of roti canai and teh tarik before retiring to our comfortable room for the rest of the Saturday evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb