AmanSari Hotel City Centre Getaway (Sep 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
September 28th 2014
Published: November 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 27th September 2014

After our gathering at NUS in the morning, it was time for me to make my way to Johor Bahru for the rest of the weekend. H would only arrive at the hotel around seven plus in the evening. So I did the check-in on his behalf while taking a quick rest at the AmanSari Hotel. Located directly behind the newly opened Komtar JBCC, the hotel was an easy walk from the customs complex.

Our room at the top level 17 came with a good view of the city's skyline. While this was just a basic, no-frills hotel, it had most of the things that ensured a comfortable stay - strong WIFI connection, cable TV, nice air-conditioning and clean bathroom. All these came with a wallet-friendly price tag of SGD 48 to complete our nice weekend staycation.

The Komtar JBCC was only half-opened but already, it housed familiar brand names like Marks & Spencer, Stadium and Padini Concept Store. Most of the food outlets were not operating at this moment so we decided to opt for a healthier option at Tang Shifu next door. To round up the evening, we ordered some yummy desserts from Tea Garden at the roof garden level of JB City Square.

With a no-nonsense price tag, the AmanSari proved to be an affordable weekend staycation for time-strapped holiday makers like us. Certainly, this was yet another perfect excuse for a quick getaway from Singapore without breaking the bank!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb