Lucky Draw Trip


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Desaru
October 22nd 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

My flatmates and I have won 5 tickets for a 1-day-trip to Desaru. How lucky we are, aren't we?
It's a short trip, but nevertheless, something to spend over the weekend.

We departed for Desaru very early in the morning, around 7am. Our first stop was at a mushroom farm. We had our buffet breakfast there as well. The menu was nasi lemak with fried oyster mushroom; one of my favourite rice and mushroom! I ate quite a lot there. Then, we were guided to the mushroom farms and there were lectures, lectures, and lectures again. So, my friend and I took out our cameras and tested macro-shooting. We were so addicted on macro for that day. When the mushroom tour guide has ended, I was going to buy the oyster mushroom but unfortunately, we didn't arrive fast enough. All were sold out!

So, we continued to our second stop, which was the fruit farm. There were practically almost every fruit grown there. Jackfruits, dragonfruits, durians, you name it all. And there were lectures again. So, we continued on our macro photo-shooting. They also sell honey there and we bought 1 bottle to share. Do NOT buy it! It's less viscous than what I remembered on what they gave me. Fortunately, we only buy 1 bottle.

Then, we had our awaited seafood lunch. There were lobsters, crabs, oysters, prawns on the table. However, we did not quite feel the delicacies.

After lunch, we headed to our third and last stop, which was the ostrich farm. It was the breeding season for the ostrich. We can actually see some ostriches mating. There was 1 very friendly ostrich. It just stand still and people were queuing to take a picture with it. We also went to the cafe that sells the "ostrich" satay and "ostrich" omelette. Don't go near it if you have decided not to buy any food because they will come to you and ask you to order.

We then headed back to Singapore. On our way back home, we stopped at Jusco shopping centre and also had our dinner at Johor Bahru. The dinner was at least better than the lunch. 😊

If any of you wants to go to Desaru, try to have the firefly trip, too. I heard that they will take you on a boat and you can see the fireflies at night on the riverside. We don't have much time to take that trip, so why don't you try and let me know how it feels. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb