Macau, Taipa


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
May 8th 2006
Published: June 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Said goodbye to Kazumi and got the TurboJet to Macau, about an hour ride on a hydrofoil. It was like being in a jumbo jet that rides on the water. A travel office tout at the terminal got us a deal at the Hyatt Regency on Taipa, so we ended up there. Checked into the hotel and walked into Taipa Village. Had lunch at Cozinha Pinocchio (Portuguese food) and then did a walking tour of Taipa Village, full of very pretty, Portuguese colonial architecture. Stopped at Pak Tai Temple, Nossa Senhora do Carmo, the adjoining Carmo Gardens, and the Taipa Houses Museum, a row of five restored colonial-era houses on Avenida da Praia. Went back to the hotel for our complimentary drinks in the lounge. We went across the street to check out the Greek Mythology Casino, but couldn’t get in because Todd had shorts on. So we decided to get a taxi to Coloane and had dinner at Restaurate Fernando, another famous restaurant in the area. Went back to Greek Mythology Casino (Todd had pants on this time) and played some slots, then tried out the little casino attached to the Hyatt. Back to the hotel for one more round at the bar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb