Macau concert night out


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
May 5th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Linking Park, Macau Concert 44 secs
We visited Macau a few times now, every time accompanied by different people. Sometimes we visit this place to get away from the bustling life of Hong Kong, watch the Grand prix, Cirque de Soleil, live bands and or simple chill and try our luck in the roulette.

Here's a wee bit description about this place:
- Macau is located in the Guangdong province, which is on the western bank of the Pearl River Delta.
-The first settlers in this place are the Guangdong and Fujian fishermen. This place in short was a trading gate and mainly the trade are for silk.
- This city was first known as Ou Mun, now called Macau after the Portuguese. Macau is now a trade hub between China, Japan, India and Europe
- To get to Macau from Hong Kong, you can either fly or take an hour ferry from a place called Sheung Wan. You can now choose different route to land to, either in Macau city or Taipa.

If you go to Macau city, I would recommend staying in Pointe 16. This is one of the best hotel we've stayed. 'Not so posh, not so cheap'. Plus if you have the guts to do the daredevil stunt, then try bungy jumping in Macau Tower. If not, get in to the glass tower to watch others take the leap inside.

If you are in Taipa, check out Venetian Hotel and its architecture and go around the islands for sight seeing and we would recommend visiting a Portuguese restaurant named "Fernados" The food here is absolutely delicious.

Other things to see in Macau are heritage sites which are mainly cathedrals, old architectural buildings, temples etc. There are lots of museum to choose from ranging from Arts, Memorials, Communications, Grand Prix, Wine, Maritime, Natural Agrarian, Antiques, Tea Culture house etc. Buses are easy to spot, but the tricky bit is knowing which one to take.

Our last visit here in Macau was simple to watch Linking Park and Lady GaGa Concert in Venetian Hotel. It turned out to be one of our great concert weekend party together.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 90; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb