ups and downs in Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
April 21st 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We first got to Bangkok on a Tuesday night around 11pm, met up with our guide and immediately started driving for the Laos border. The traffic was bumper to bumper since it was the new year and everyone was heading back to their hometown for the holiday. We finally got to Laos and met up with my relatives. It was terrific to see everyone. It has only been a year and a half but seemed longer.
We got in time just for the new year festivities which my cousin took me to the next day. We went to his friend's house, held up post with water, music and beer lao - lots of it. The tradition is you throw water at people that walk by and they can throw back. Everyone has their own post setup everywhere. This is done all day while drinking eating and partying.
My stomach has been terrible this trip, can't keep anything down, hopefully I feel better today. We're heading to Vang Vieng for a day then back to Vientiane for the remainder of the trip. Can't wait to see everyone back in the states. And yes, go Celtics!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb