Lazy Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
March 26th 2010
Published: March 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After an overnight bus ride we made our first overland/water border crossing in to Laos. The lack of rain during the monsoon season had left the river too low for slow boats and so instead we made our way by mini bus from the border to the northern sleepy town of Luang Nam Tha, for a taste of rural jungle village life and trekking.
From here we headed to Luang Probang and the French Riviera... a trip along the Mekong River to villages and caves, turquiose blue waterfalls, early morning monks, buddahs (lots of), bike rides and night markets. By far our favourite place yet.
Vang Vieng and the infamous tubing next where the parties continued well in to the small hours of the morning. We spent our first day there deciding we were both way too old for the party lifestyle. The next day we hired our tubes and off we floated down the river, beers in hand! Great fun hurling ourselves in to the water on giant swings and floating in our rubber ring tubes from riverside bar to bar as they hauled us in on string and ploughed us with free shots of 53% Laos Laos whiskey along the way.
The Laos capital of Vientiane next (by way of a broken down bus journey) where we got mentally prepared for our propellered plane aboard Laos Airlines to Hanoi.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th April 2010

Snap
How bizzare! Everything you are finding is exactly the same as myself and Nikki. Luang prabang was by far our favorite place and we too felt we were too old for vang vienne that was until we got on the buckets which knocked about 10 years off us in drunked sillyness. Also the tree swing u did was the exact tree i thought nikki was going to die falling off. How bizzare that you have been off the exact same tree as us 6000 miles away from twickenham. Ahhh getting soooo jealous keep it up. Oh and niki and myself are going to book a trip to the philippines for christmas if you fancy a wee trip from nz.

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb