In the jungle the mighty jungle...


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
October 14th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Early start to our day, began pretty disasterously when the alarm didn't go off.. a bit of a rush in which a few item got left behind but we made it in the nick of time. And so began a long windey journey through the mountains-a couple of hours to get to the border and about half an hour to get through the border but with newly aquired visas in hand we continued on with the bulk of our journey to our first Laos destination!

A definite change in scenery...simply green and mountainous!! thousands of different trees and bushes everywhere we looked and made a great change from dusty roads and motorbikes!

Eventually we reached Vientiene and checked into our hotel.. not the finest standard and equipped with air con that sounded like a hovercraft-LOUD!

We were lucky enough to have arrived on the last night of the wet season which mean't we could go down to the river festival where everyone floats beautiful arrangements of banana leaves,flowers,candles and incense down the river..it was quite a sight seeing all the people on the river bank and all the little dots of light floating down as far as you could see! we bought 2 for the group and one of the boys sent it down the river! Very unusual experience but again one not everyone has so we were feeling quite lucky!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb