Party time


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
July 12th 2004
Published: July 12th 2004
Edit Blog Post

The people nextdoor are having some sort of celebration today.  They've erected huge, colorful tents and have set out the compulsory red plastic chairs for their guests to sit on.  Hopefully, with all the rain of late, the chairs don't sink into the muddy ground.  For the guests' sakes I also hope the neighbours' dogs are chained up because you don't want any of those fangs sinking into your leg!  Imagine the rabies shots - ouch!  So, lots of music, alot of laughter, it will probably go on 'til late but it's better than their nightly karaoke sessions - talk about setting off the neighbourhood dogs!  Getting a bit sick of skirting the muddy puddles that form in the pot-holed dirt roads every time it buckets down.  By the time I get to work I have mud flicked up the back of my pants and covering my toes like I did a bad job with the nailpolish.  And the smell when the open drains flood over - gaaaaa!  Usually the monks from the local temple come and clear out the drains along the road every month so that everything flows away as it should - but they've been a bit slack this month and the grass and vines have blocked everything.  I understand their reluctance...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb