Tower of beer Lao & bowling in Vientiane!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
September 25th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So as it was the Scottish lads last night out, myself Daine, Bruno, Sean (from NYC), Hope (from Alabama) and my other half (Jared), "other half" being a good word to use seems we've spent soooo much time together at Vientiane backpackers, it's like we are permenant fixtures, headed out to the roof top bar...it was a good laugh as Michael Jackson Pretty much dominated the speakers. We all shared a tower of beer Lao and then met 3 other guys, one from Yorkshire, 1 from derby and a guy from Switzerland (Andy)

Hope, Bruno and Daine wanted an early night and walked back to the hostel after closing at 12, whilst me & the 5 lads got a tuk tuk to the bowling alley. The lads split a bottle of whiskey and we had a laugh on the lanes. Be warned the bowling alleys hể are not like back home, they are out òf town; a place to kêep the tourists and locals, so they do not cause disruption in the centre. It's like going back in time once you step foot in the bowling alley!

Jarad & Sean were trying their best to be brotherly, especiallyưwith 8ndy aaround, who ended up breaking Jareds only pảir òf flip flops! We all got back to our respective hostels in one piece.

Sean went to bed at around 3am and me and Jared sat up til around 5.30am discussing anything and everything.

I got up at 10am and went for breakfast with Hope, Daine and Bruno and then later we had ice cream sundaes from Swensons ice cream parlour after saying goodbye to Sean. Sean ís one person who I'm really hoping to catch up again with in Vietnam, for a new Yorker, he's a pretty cool guy, and thankfully we could both laugh off a Korean guys efforts to match make us!

Jared didn't wake until about 1pm.....nothing new for him! but he ứa sad to have mised saying bye to Sean. We all became pretty close.

Anyway, not sure of tonight's plans but hopefully it will be an earlier night than the last..

Love to all x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb