Laos so far...


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
November 17th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after the epic journey, was it all worth it??

YES!!! Right now we are in the capital Vientiane after another 5 hour bus journey from vang vieng. It wasnt a death bus like i imagined though, phew! There was a crazy woman however who couldnt get on the bus and had to crawl, but she seemed to be walking around just fine when she had to get off.....

Vang Vieng was amazing. After our first day of chilling out and buying our tubing gear we spent the next day having the best time ever. It started with a tuk tuk drive through the villages, over the bamboo bridges and through the rice fields to reach the blue lagoon caves. The drive there alone was brilliant. It was bumpy and rough and like being in a metal tin on a safari but was awesome to see how the locals live. It was peaceful, simple and beautiful. Once we reached the caves we got out our torches and climbed all the way to the top. It was dark and slippery but fantastic once we reached the top. I think climbing the caves was one of the best things I've done. Once we climbed down there was a lagoon at the foot of the cave surrounded by a grass area. We went for a dip with the fishes and dried off on the grass- perfect! We then got back on our tuk tuk and made the journey to the river.

Tubing was crazy. We met an american, a german, a new zealander, an aussie and a Malaysian couple. You basically get in a tube and float along the 3km river. The river is lined with bars and water slides and you get thrown a rope where you get pulled in and climb up to the bar. Everybody gets free whiskey shots (bleugh) and you party on the river. Unfortunately me and hilly didnt make it down the entire river. We may have got a little distracted at one bar too many so we cheated and got a boat back 😊

Laos so far has been wicked and well worth the 30 hour journey.

M xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd December 2011

Tubing....
I want to do that!!!! Sounds awesome! Lots of drinking going on during your cultural holiday Melanie!!! ;)
27th December 2011

Jealous!!

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb