Epic Journey to Laos....


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
November 14th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Koh Phagnan and making our way to Laos- After all the partying on the beach our next destination was Laos and what a journey it was...after checking out at 10:30 we waited till 4pm to get a taxi to the pier and boarded a ferry to Suratthani. who knew the journey would be soo long in the storm too! having boarded at 5pm we reached at 7:30pm (well done mel who wasnt sick!)

as we got off there was a vip bus waiting for us going to bangkok, journey time-10 hours! in between we stopped at a cafe with a cockroach running around on the floor and a stall which sold all kinds of chicken- pop pop, spicy pop? we slept throughout the journey and reached bangkok at 5:00am with horrible travel sickness! bleugh.... got in a taxi to the airport and finally saw the thai sunrise which was a beaut! it was a 5hr wait for our flight to udon thani which we were actually grateful for as it was time to recover! boarded the plane at 1105am and landed in udon thani at 12:05pm. got a minibus over friendship bridge to laos border where we were given our visas...next leg- 4 hour minibus journey to vang vieng with a monk (so had to be safe)....of course it wasnt a smooth ride, stopped half way with a flat tyre, luckily it was right outside the garage! phew! roads along the way were pretty bumpy and did no favours to mels head who was swaying whilst she slept!! very funny for me!! hehe.... FINALLLLYYYY reached our hostel in vang vieng at 6:50pm! decent place, riverside view... had a shower after almost 36hours! sounds painful but definitely worth the journey..

laos is so far greatt! very relaxed and family guy and friends showing in every place! first night went for dinner with amazing and cheap foood!!! 2 pounds for beer and food! woop...

got all our tubing gear today ready to go tomorrow!! BRING IT ON!!

hilly x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb