Last few days in Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
November 10th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had now booked our bus journey back to Luang Prabang to our flight over to the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi. We spent our last day in Vang Vieng seeing some traditional culture, by watching family guy on lounge seats. In VV they have so many restaurants where you can literally lie down, eat & drink whilst watching a selection of the most addictive shows from home. These include friends, family guy & simpsons. Whilst watching these, you can choose from any fruit or milk shake under the sun! I went for chocolate and peanut butter which blew my mind...I had 3, felt ill.
We made the treturous trip back through the mountains to Luang Prabang and arrived early evening just in time to watch the sun set on top of the Wat Chom Si temple, which was so crowded but worth the hour wait for pictures. After sunset we strolled to our local cafe Lao Lao which served the best food in south east asia, Panang chicken curry.
The following morning we left for the Luang prabang international airport, which is not like any other airport (well outside of asia). We checked in, put our baggage through, where they didnt ask any security questions. We then realised that we had forgot something we needed to get through immigration and had to ask to see our bags again, which they allowed. The bags had gone through a 1 metre travellator and were sitting just behind a glass window, which you could see. After getting our bits we went through security which is 2 people, one conveyor belt and completed in a matter of seconds (if only Heathrow could have been this easy!) We finally sat down airside and noticed a small paper sign saying, feel free to go back through security and walk out of the airport at any time you like, security WOULDN'T be required on your way back in! Mental!
Our plane finally arrived and to my relief, it was my favourite plane, the Fokker 500. This only carries about 60 people and sounds like it has a motorcycle engine, rather than one for a plane. After all the commotion of the airport we were finally on our way to Vietnam.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb