Last Day in Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
April 30th 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tristan and I had made plans to go to the Organic farm in the morning for breakfast before returning our bike. We sat down and ordered and Candace & Duncan showed up shortly after. None of us were really impressed with the place. The food wasn't as great as Lonely Planet made it sound, and it was pretty pricey. We floated down the river today. We rented tubes. We went to a couple bars along the way then Tris and I got seperated from the group. We decided to just float on our own. It was soooo slow. At times the river didn't even move and we had to paddle with our hands. The tubes had to be returned by 6pm or else the company keeps your deposit of $7.50 per tube. It was getting close to 5:00 and we were still no where close to the end, so we jumped out and caught a tuk tuk back. We showered then went and grabbed a bite to eat at an Irish pub. The rest of the gang showed up shortly after. They are staying in Vang Vieng for another day so they can tube the whole thing. Tris and I are heading to Vientiane tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb